Do you want to enhance the productivity of your business and safeguard corporate resources? Do you want to ensure your employees make the most out of working hours instead of wasting time in less important or useless things? If yes, you certainly need employee monitoring to keep a track on their activities as well as behaviors.
Want to know what actually Employee monitoring does? Well, it enables a business to monitor employee activities and engagement of the worker with tasks related to the workplace. On top of that, employee monitoring on a computer allows a business to scale productivity, ensure security, track attendance, and gather proof of times worked. Let’s delve into it below:
Why People Need Employee Monitoring?
People might need monitoring their staff for the following reasons:
- For checking the customer service’s quality
- To catch on if the workforce needs training by noticing their performance
- For reviewing staff competencies and skills used in their work
- To make sure the safety of every worker
- For observing the application of rules of health and safety
- To make sure compliance with an internal employment policy
- For confirming any criminal, fraudulent or otherwise undesirable or illegal conduct by your employees that you suspect
What Can Employee Monitoring Helps You to do?
Let’s look into how helpful employee monitoring can be for your business.
- Enhances Employee-Employer Interactions
- Limits distractions and thereby improves task-efficiency
- Allows you to catch on employee’s strengths and weak points as well
- Can enhance Production Rates
- Enables you to detect if any employee is Violating Company Policies
You can perform employee monitoring in a variety of ways, such as:
- Employee monitoring software
- Email monitoring
- Telephone tapping
- Video surveillance
- Location monitoring
The Best 10 Employee Monitoring Software
Employee monitoring software enables you to track your staff’s activities on the computer. To facilitate you further with this regard, we’ve enlisted the ten best apps below:
1. TeraMind Employee Monitoring
This employee monitoring software is very popular and available on the internet. It comes with a user-centric security system for monitoring the behavior of the employee.
- Employee session recording
- File tracking
- Insider Risk Management
- Employee Internet Monitoring
- Automated behavior Rules
- Employee Email capture
- Employee Productivity Monitoring
- It’s a bit pricey
- To the desktop, remote access can have several issues
This software is designed for time-tracking running on your device compatible with both iOS OS and Android.
- Ease of Installation
- Time tracking
- Automatic payroll
- GPS and location
- Efficient App and URL tracking
- Online timesheets
- Activity levels
- User-interface changes continuously which can be confusing for users
- Inaccurate to determine actual activity rate
3. VeriClock Monitoring Software
Light on your wallet, this cloud-based monitoring software makes an amazing time-tracking solution.
- Real-time Monitoring
- Efficient verification tools
- Phone punch clock
- Secure server
- GPS tracking
- Digital signature
- Smartphone punch clock
- Unable to schedule for the future time
- Aesthetically non-pleasing interface
- It supports a storage space of only 1 GB
4. Time Doctor for PC
Developed in 2012, this tool is web-based designed for Linux, Windows, Mac, Chromium operating system. Besides, it’s also compatible with Android and iOS.
- Avoid distraction
- Time tracking
- Screen monitoring
- Website and app monitoring
- Client login
- Outdated user-interface.
- You require the chrome extension or the desktop application for functionalizing the stopwatch feature.
Through this software, you can get complete control over every dimension of your worker’s computer activity. Also, this software can act as a surveillance camera inside all the devices present in your office-owned, e.g., desktops, tablets, laptops, and smartphones.
- Huge add-on’s collection
- Custom dashboards
- Keystroke logging
- Keyword alerts
- Extensive data sources
- Audit logs
- Offers report wizards
- Social media monitoring
- Integrated chat app
- Mobile app
- Compatibility problems and manual issues can make its installation
- Outdated user-interface
- The data consumes some time for syncing
It’s amongst the premium software for monitoring activity of the computer. Additionally, this program is a first-tier having corporate-level tools for monitoring.
- Two-factor authentication
- App monitoring
- Google sign-in
- Active Directory integration
- Sensitive data redaction
- Automated alerts
- iOS app
- Keystroke logging is not available
- Within screenshots, OCR potential for keyword research lacks
7. WebWork Time Tracker
It provides a complete insight into the way workers usually spend their time during working hours.
- Efficient activity monitoring
- Monitor both outgoing and incoming emails
- Monitor browsing history
- Calculates productivity
- Sends invoice
- Its time out is just 7 minutes by default
- Few bugs have been reported in the Mac version
8. StaffCop Enterprise
This extremely powerful employee monitoring tool is also very customizable, it can perform employee monitoring really efficiently.
- Video and Audio recording
- Automated triggers and policies
- Full OCR on screenshots and documents
- Productivity tracking
- Amazing data visualization and reporting
- Keystroke logging
- User vocabularies
- Remote desktop control
- Setting the on-premises service setup is not easy
- You would need a virtual machine for accessing the web dashboard
- Lacks cloud-based admin interface
9. Veriato 360
It’s an incredible software for creating analytics and employee user data.
- Screen capture with playback
- File tracking
- Active directory syncing
- Complete control over collecting data
- Customized reports and alerts
- Anomaly detection
- User-friendly admin interface
- Automated grouping of behavior
- Monitor productivity
- Lacks cloud-based option
- It’s entirely an all on-premises system
- Needs SQL
It’s another powerful and multitasking PC monitoring software which was developed to monitor employee’s records and activity during work.
- Its simple user-interface allows ease of operation
- Availability of constant updates lets you use an up-to-the-minute version of the software always
- While recording videos, the program makes use of a filter
- A fully online program so you can access the whole data through a good internet connection
- Observation-based manual mode; lacks automatic analysis of data
- Doesn’t work that good with Corporate Offices
Is There Any Harm To Use Employee Monitoring?
Employee monitoring can have certain drawbacks too as it can:
- Raise Stress Levels Of Employees
- Give Rise To Feelings Of Mistrust
- Be Costly
- Cause Discomfort Which Can Further lead to inefficient worker’s performance
Some Tips When Using Employee Monitoring
Always ensure using employee monitoring legally and ethically and to serve this purpose read through the following points:
- Inform your employees
- Establish written policies to make clear rights and responsibilities to everybody
- Make use of the latest technology tools
On one hand, incorporating employee monitoring tool helps you in tracking your worker’s performance. On the other hand, it can invade their privacy which no employee would like for sure! For that reason, to get the most out of this technique and not putting your employees in discomfort ensure that you are not going to violate any law.
When incorporated rightly, employee monitoring can get numerous benefits to your business and employees as well. So, in addition to discussing this thing with your entire staff and taking their consent in the first place, keep into consideration implementing a legit monitoring software. v