Are you addicted to YouTube? Almost everyone is! Undoubtedly, YouTube is one of the best online video sharing platforms where millions of videos are uploaded daily. Not just adults, but children are also addicted to it.
Keep in mind that being addicted to YouTube is not a joke at all. First, you’ll see a few videos, but when you get used to it, there will be almost 15 videos in one day. So, how to stop YouTube addiction?
So, if you are looking for ways to stop your YouTube addiction, then this article is perfect for you.
1.The Harm of YouTube Addiction
YouTube can be helpful if used for a limited time, but at the same time, it can cause different issues too, such as it can slow down your brain movements, can be the cause of various health issues, and can mislead you also.
Below are the things that show why using YouTube for much longer is not a good idea.
- Spending more time on YouTube can slow down your brain movement.
- Those who are addicted to YouTube spend less time with their family.
- Watching videos for an extended period can make you ill and fat.
- It can mislead you when you don’t have an idea about a specific topic.
- It can kill your productivity.
2. How to Stop YouTube Addiction (Ways for Adults and Children)
How to Stop Being Addicted to Youtube for Adults
How to help with YouTube addiction? If you are one of those who are addicted to YouTube and are looking for ways to stop it. Then, here are some ways that you can try to stop it.
- Block it from your side: The first thing you have to do is block it from your browser. You can use different plugins for that, which helps you to prevent YouTube sites.
- Spend less time on your PC: If you spend less time on the PC, then it means you are spending less time on YouTube. So, this can be the best way to avoid YouTube, and you can be less addicted too.
- Play any sport: Playing sport can be beneficial for you, and it can also increase your self-confidence. That is why make sure that you spend more time playing some sport rather than using YouTube.
- Choose a hobby: Make sure that you pursue a hobby. Chasing a hobby will make you feel better, and you can also spend some time with your favorite things. Make sure to choose something that can make you feel better and happier.
- Go outside: If you feel that you want to do something exciting, then go outside and try something new. You can also go for a walk or can try hiking or something that excites you more.
How to Stop YouTube Addiction for Children
How to stop YouTube addiction in children? If you are looking for a method that can help your children stop using YouTube, then here are the five best apps that you can try. All these apps are known as the best parental control apps and help to block various social media apps.
Let’s discuss these apps one by one.
1.How to Stop Being Addicted to Youtube with mSpy
mSpy is the wise solution for family and those who want to block different social media platforms from their kid’s phone. Not just this app is perfect for blocking YouTube, but also make sure that your kids don’t use it. You can easily set the timer on the device and can check what your children are doing.
How to use it
- First, go to the official website and download the software from it.
- Install the software in the targeted device.
- Now login to your dashboard from where you can monitor all the activities.
- Make sure that the software is compatible with the mobile on which you are downloading it.
2.iKeymonitor Youtube Parental Control
iKeyMonitor is one of the best monitoring apps that you can download today. As the name implies, it helps to check the kids’ activities and what they are doing on YouTube. The software is compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems. Also, it works best with Windows and Mac too.
Other than that, if you want to stop other social media networks, then you can do it easily using this app. It’s a perfect solution when it comes to blocking YouTube.
How to use it
- Go to the website of ikeymonitor and download the latest version.
- Once it is installed into the target mobile, activate the tool.
- Now enter your login details and set the time for blocking the YouTube channel.
- On the dashboard, you can monitor the activities of your kids.
It’s the most reliable parental control app that you can use in 2020. It’s ideal for tracking the activities of your child. With a few simple steps, you can effortlessly control their YouTube channel and stop them from watching videos. The app works perfectly for both Android and iOS versions.
Moreover, the dashboard of this software is simple, and anyone can use it. In addition, you don’t need any expertise, which makes this tool a perfect choice.
How to use it
- First, go to the original website and download the setup.
- After installation, set the targeted app. Make sure that your app is compatible with the software.
- Now choose the time for which you want to block YouTube on the targeted app.
- Once you are done, check the activities on the dashboard.
4.Kaspersky Safe Kids
This app is best as it helps to monitor all the activities related to kids’. Besides, if you want to block their YouTube channel, then you can do it freely by controlling the mobile with the help of the app. This app is compatible with Android, Mac, and smartphones too. In addition, using this app, you can also check their YouTube history and searches too.
How to use it
- Go to the website and choose the setup which you want to download.
- Once you have chosen the right setup, install it.
- Now add the details of the targeted device.
- Once you are done, log in to your device and see your kids’ activities.
5.Norton Family Parental control
If you want to stop YouTube addiction, then using this app is perfect for you. Besides, this app is ideal for those who are looking for a reliable solution when it comes to controlling YouTube from your kid’s mobile. In addition, it helps to supervise your kids’ activities, so you can save them from YouTube.
How to use it
- First, go to the official website.
- Click the downloading link. Now, install it on the targeted mobile.
- Once you are done, add your login details on the dashboard and view your kids’ activities.
Some Facts of YouTube You Must Know
YouTube is not just about addiction; there are many other things that you can do on it. Below are some things that you can try on YouTube.
- YouTube is all about addiction, but you can use it for learning purposes too.
- Find something amazing on YouTube, which you can convert into skill.
- Use some useful skills and convert them into earnings.
- Do some meaningful things on YouTube, such as become an influencer and guide others to do something amazing.
In case if you are worried about how to stop your addiction, then I would suggest you use the apps mentioned above. In addition, you can also try earning money from YouTube instead of watching videos.