Technological success seems to have reached a new level of high. Thanks to numerous innovations in the field, individuals can now gain access to someone else’s text messages even without physically holding their smartphone.
In this article, you will find out how to set parental controls on Safari in different devices. Additionally, you can also find out apps that help you monitor the activities of your child on Safari.
How to Use Safari Parental Controls
Contents online that feature violence, alcohol, drugs, and adult materials need to be blacklisted. In order to filter the Safari contents, you need to set up parental controls on the browser.
1. How to Use Safari Parental Controls on Mac
If you have a MacBook or iMac at home that your kids also use, setting the Parental Controls is easy. To get started, you need to create a managed account on your Mac.
1. Go to your computer’s System Preferences window and choose ‘Accounts’ from the available options on the screen.
2. Click on Enable Parental Controls and begin managing your child’s account. Click on the padlock icon in the bottom-left part of the window. Allow changes to the account.
3. You will be asked to type in administrator username and password to unlock your preferences. Choose the account you want to modify from the list and click on it.
4. A list of programs will pop up on the Mac that can be configured. Put a check in the box next to the Safari icon.
5. Click on the ‘Configure’ button to the right of the icon then press ‘OK’ to open Safari.
6. Type in the web address of the site you want your child to access. Click on ‘Add Web site’ to set the link.
7. Repeat the steps for adding more websites that your child can access.
2. How to Use Safari Parental Controls on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad iOS 11 or Earlier
Devices with iOS 11 operating system or earlier include iPhone 5, 5s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, SE and proceeding devices. In addition, iPod touch 6th generation, iPad Air, Air 2, iPad Mini 2 and 3 are also included. Follow these steps to set up parental controls on the Safari browser:
1. Tap on the Settings icon on the iOS device. Then choose General from the list.
2. Click on Restrictions and choose Enable Restrictions.
3. Enter a four-digit passcode that you need to remember and keep from your kids. Re-enter the password.
4. Under the Allow section of the Restrictions page, you can choose websites that your child can access. If you don’t want any of these apps or websites to be accessed by your child, you can set the switches to Off positions.
You can also set the limit of the type of contents your child can have access to. From Music & Podcasts go to Movies, then TV Shows in the Allowed Content section. Choose the levels you want your child to access.
3. How to Use Safari Parental Controls on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad iOS 12
The new iOS 12 operating system has the new Screen Time feature to make all restriction decisions. To set up restrictions and parental controls, here’s what you need to do:
1. Click on the Settings icon and select Screen Time.
2. Tap on the Turn On Screen Time selection at the bottom of the screen if it wasn’t turned one.
3. Select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
4. Enter a four-digit passcode. Re-enter the passcode.
5. Select the types of contents that you want to block, including in-app purchases, adult websites, explicit language, violent sites, dating sites, and more.
Setting the restrictions with the iOS 12 is easier because you only need to choose the sites you wish to block. You can always run a test to see if the blacklisted sites cannot be accessed.
Top 8 Safari Monitoring Applications
Aside from the built-in iPhone safari parental controls, there are also mobile applications that help you monitor your child’s internet usage. These apps and software help you provide a safe and enjoyable digital environment for kids as young as 2 years old.
This software sends data on all internet browsing and web-related activities of your child. It monitors SMS texts, photos, website history, and GPS location.
To use it, you need to register an account and down the program to your computer. After installation, launch the program, plug in the smartphone or iPad into the Mac or PC then follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen.
2. Browser For Kids
This an application that is quite similar to Safari but with child-friendly settings to restrict elicit contents and adult materials. What’s great about this browser is, it only allow up to four hours maximum usage of the application.
To get access to this app, go to App Store and type Browser For Kids in the search box. Download the app and set up for your child’s usage.
The FamiSafe is a wonderful parental control application that enables tracking features, set screen time limits, block apps or websites and more. It helps parents stay updated with their child’s internet usage to prevent cyberbullying, gambling, and adult materials.
To use this app or web program, you can download it on the App Store or on FamiSafe website. Because this is a paid service, you need to register an account and get the monthly package you want. After installation, you can open the app ready to use.
This mobile app allows parents to access the messages, browser history, apps, and other internet activities of their kids. The TruthSpy sends the information straight to your device. This is compatible with both Android and iOS users.
Start using the app by downloading it to the Google Play or App Store. After installation, you can launch the app on your device and register a new account. Root the target device and choose to Remember Choice Forever and click Allow button. Click Activate to allow the device to get information on the target device.
Spyic is a popular internet history monitoring program to access your kids’ online activities. This will prevent your kids from watching elicit content like pornography and violence. Note that this program has monthly plans for as low as $29.9 a month. Signing up will let you access the program.
To get started, you need to register an account and download the program on your computer. After this, you need to fill in the target person’s name and age, then choose the OS running on the target device. Verify the iCloud ID then start monitoring the device.
However, we find that this site is unable to visit these days, if you also cannot visit it, please try to use other methods.
Another program to help you filter contents on your child’s gadget is the WebChaver. It acts as a kid-friendly browser that lets you monitor the internet activity of your child. Only WebChaver subscribers can access this program.
Download the app and register an account. Launch Settings then click on General. Select Restrictions, then turn off the Safari browser.
The iKeyMonitor is a monitoring program designed for parental control on a child’s internet usage. It is compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows devices for free.
To use the app, you need to download it and register an account. After signing up, you can launch the app then search ‘BigBoss.’ Install then confirm. After this, you can now monitor the activities of your child in their mobile phones and tablets.
iSpyoo is an efficient internet history tracking application. It helps you monitor and track activities on Safari, messages, calls, and more. The best part is, you can do the spying real-time.
Download the mobile app and register an account. Choose from the monthly subscription plans: gold, premium or standard. After signing up, you can go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources, then click OK. Launch the app and click on Agree.
Keeping a kid-friendly online environment for your kids should be on top of your priority. With the abundance of elicit and violent contents online, it’s very easy for children to access websites. Make sure to set up the iPhone Safari restrictions and download the mobile apps and programs so you can restrict dangerous contents and filter what your child can watch and access.