There is no doubt that social media networks have, in this technological age, opened a vast window of opportunities for conglomerates and individuals alike. This can be seen in the big business opportunities that have been attained by business and in restoring connections with people that have not been seen for such a long time. Both are now done so easily through the social media space.
Just as the advantages abound, so also do the disadvantages. For some people, they cannot do a day without checking up on their social media profiles. At this point, it has become an addiction.
This social media addiction has such people practically wasting all their time and living out their lives in this small virtual space. The result is a drop in productivity and communication gaps in personal relationships.
But there is help at hand. You can break free from social media addiction by making use of a social media blocker. The benefits of using a social media blocker cannot be overemphasized, especially when it comes to been productive.
The Benefits of Social Media Blocker Apps
- It helps to counter the challenge of reduced work productivity by employees and kids.
- Better communication in relationships is promoted among workers and between parents and their kids.
- Misuse of social media is prevented in the workplace and at home.
- It prevents time wastage and procrastination
The Kinds of Social Media That Should Be Blocked And Why
There are so many social media channels these days, and one can actually lose count or not be aware of some of them. The most popular ones, such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, are mostly used by social media addicts.
- Using a social media blocker to deny access to all these social media networks is paramount as an employer of labour and a parent. If you want to make your workers and kids as the case applies, to be more productive in their daily tasks, you have to install a social media blocker on your systems and handheld devices.
- These social media platforms are used by addicts to chat with a wide range of people, causing them to lose focus and decrease levels of productivity.
- There is also the issue of misuse of social media. A result of a recent study highlighted the fact that about 70% of employers issued disciplinary queries against their workers due to their misuse of social media. The misuse could be in the form of harassment, misinformation, inappropriate usage, and lots more.
- The biggest concern is the time wasted, as social media is the second biggest time waster among employees in businesses. The more reason why a social media blocker needs to be installed on worktable systems and devices. Blocking access to social media also helps to prevent workflow disruptions.
The Most Recommended Social Media Blocker Apps
In order to tackle social media addiction, we have a list of the top social media blocker apps you can install on your computer systems for employers or high-end mobile phones for parents. These apps prevent access to the social media space and other time-wasting online notifications upon installation. Out top-recommended social media app blockers are:
This is our top recommended social media app blocker. Developed by Wondershare, this app is great for denying the access of employees and kids to social media channels, as the case may be. For parents, it comes highly recommended if you want to prevent your kids from viewing a harmful webpage and been conceived of cyberbullies. Also, they can track the location of their kids using the location tracking feature in the app.
The installation process is very easy for both Android and iOS devices. To make use of it, you have to part with a monthly fee of $9.99.
- Easy installation and use
- Remote monitoring of all devices
- Promotes safe web surfing by preventing cyberbullying
- Blocking of unwanted webpages and contents with the web filtering feature
- It prevents time-wasting by effectively blocking all social media networks
- Screen time out feature strictly allocates time spent using mobile devices
- GPS location tracking capabilities, including Geofencing
- Famisafe runs on Android and iOS platforms
- It is not free, with a monthly subscription fee of $9.99 to be paid before using it.
- The trial version has very limited features
- There are no calls and text messages tracking
AppBlock is ideal for Android device users who want to block the use of social media and other applications that prevent them from maintaining focus at their place of work or for kids at home. The app is very easy to install on your phone manually, all you have to do is download the installation file from the developer’s website. The user-friendly interface makes it very easy for parents to make their kids focus on other more important things apart from social media.
- No subscription fee
- It blocks usage of all social media networks
- User-friendly interface and easy installation process
- Helps to manage time effectively
- Prevents popping up of unnecessary notifications
- It supports only Android smartphones
This app is quite efficient at blocking all social media access during office hours for maximum work productivity or when parents need their kids to study without distractions. This is part of the time management function that comes with this app, making for more productiveness. Distracting websites with their live notifications such as YouTube, CNN are also prevented from popping up on gadget screens unnecessarily. Blocklists can be customized using this app.
There is a monthly subscription attached to the use of this app if you desire to utilize all the available features. The monthly fee is $6.99.
- Facebook is blocked instantly upon activation of the app
- Easy installation and user-friendly interface
- It works perfectly even when the phone is locked courtesy of the lock mode feature
- It has a monthly subscription of $6.99 attached to its usage
- Social media blockage applies to only Facebook, with others left unblocked
This is one of the most popular social media blocker apps in the market today. It is one of the best apps to install on devices when laying down the gauntlet on social media addicts. This app helps to make them more aware of the more important things in life than spending all their time succumbed to the virtual time of the social media space. More time is spent in building closer personal communication and interactions with people in real-time.
It blocks out all social media networks and even goes as far as blocking text messages. Time spent on using the phone can also be tracked as well as having reminders.
- It supports both Android and iOS operating systems
- Installation and usage of the app is very easy
- Time management feature when you log into social media channels
- The app comes at no price
- Helps to plan each day very well so you accomplish more set goals
- This app helps keep track of how much time you generally spend on your phone
- Setting up of user-profiles for other apps becomes restricted
During working or studying hours, this app is great at denying access to a quick look at social media networks. The accomplishment of set goals is possible by making use of the screen time out feature, which allocates the time you would spend using your smartphone in a day. Once this app is installed, you cannot disable it or delete it. This is one big reason it makes our list because this makes it a great blocker of distracting notifications.
Developed by Digital Wellness company, the app is compatible with Android and iOS devices. It comes free of charge.
- The is no subscription fee
- Easy installation and use
- The “Mindful moments” feature helps with reminders
- It blocks all social media channels and other distracting applications when in full lock mode
- Helps in the creation of groups for the realization of goals and objectives
- There is a time management feature
- The timer feature stoops functioning after 30minutes in the trial version
With the addictiveness of both young and old alike to social media, it has become paramount to address this unhealthy activity. Social media addiction does nothing more than decrease work productivity and promotes so much procrastination because of a lack of sustained focus. It also causes a gap in social interactions as workers and kids alike to begin to spend much more time online, causing a strain in interpersonal relationships. A social media blocker app is great at effectively countering these problems, and can be used by both employers and parents.
There are quite a lot of these apps in the market today, all coming with their advantages and disadvantages. But this our most recommended list above is ideal for effective and safe blocking of social media.