Looking for ways to further secure your android device? From losing it, having it stolen, to misplacing it, there comes an array of unfortunate possibilities when it comes to owning a mobile device. Fortunately, with an android locator, you can now easily track and locate your device anywhere in the map.
Before you go straight into the Google store and download the first application you’ll set your eyes on, here are a few things you need to know about android locators.
What Can An Android Device Locator Do?
1. Enhance Your Privacy
Worried about misplacing or, worse, having your phone stolen from you? Through an android locator, you can easily track, lock, and erase the data on a lost or stolen device for your personal safety. In most cases, device locators can help you identify or remotely manage your device by simply logging in to the app via the internet, using GPS, or tracking mobile networks.
2. Promises Child Safety
Another benefit associated with having an android Device locator is the promise of child safety. Aside from helping an owner locate his or her device, phone tracking apps can also enable parents to know where their children are staying at.
By simply logging in to an app using your child’s phone details, the software can already help you identify their phone’s current location and even where they have previously stayed.
3. Helps with Business Management
Aside from personal concerns, android trackers also play a significant role in business matters. In particular, employers can easily use an android locator to track where their workers are spending much of their time at work. This will help them determine whether their staff are doing their tasks or are ditching their required jobs for another else.
Top 10 Best Android Locator Applications
Now that you’ve discovered the different perks that come with having an Android locator. It’s time to learn the top applications that are sure to deliver premium protection and convenience to you and your device.
To cut to the chase, here are 10 of the best apps to locate Android phone you should check out today.
1. Find My Device (by Google)
Android users can easily track down their devices using Google’s Find My Device app. Through the said app, users can remotely locate, ring, lock, and even erase the data of their devices in case it got lost or has been stolen by another.
- One major perk of having the Find My Device app is that you don’t have to spend a single dime to have it.
- Simply head to the Google Play, find the app, and download it for free.
- On the downside, the app requires that users must log in to their Google account and have a stable internet connection to track the device.
- Moreover, it also requires that the location of the device must be turned on and that the device is currently on or else it won’t be able to track it.
Another worthy Android locator you should consider having is the FamiGuard. As the name implies, this app helps parents guard their children by tracking their real-time locations, setting up a geofence, and filtering inappropriate website content.
- Among the best features of the app include the its ability to provide real-time location, geofence protection, web content filtering, and app & web activity reports.
- Since FamiGuard stands as a relatively new app, users are likely to encounter a problem when it comes to updating the app to its latest version.
- Moreover, some locations are not also regularly updated.
3. Prey Anti-Theft
Serving as an anti-theft, data security, and device management app, this Android locator takes pride in over 10 years of experience in securing different types of devices. Among its most striking features include letting users find their phones, locking their devices, setting off an alarm, and taking pictures to know the whereabouts of their Androids.
- For its advantages, the Prey Anti-Theft app is free to download and even offers features like device security, device location, and missing device report.
- Meanwhile, for its disadvantages, the Prey Anti-Theft app requires that your device should be connected to a Wi-Fi signal in order to track its whereabouts.
4. Highster Mobile
People who want to keep a strict track on their own Android devices, guard their children’s activities, and monitor their employees’ productivity can turn to Highster Mobile. It lets you track any Android device via GPS, know its browsing history, and monitor the device’s activities.
- One major feature of the Highester Mobile app is that it can trigger the camera stealthily to take secret pictures and videos of its surroundings.
- On the downside, the Highster Mobile app is not for free and can only be availed for a $3.95 setup fee, or a $69.99 to $159.96 fee for premium version.
5. Where’s My Droid
As the name implies, the Where’s My Droid app acts as an Android device tracker that allows users to track the GPS location of their device, lock it if necessary, and wipe all the data when worse comes to worst.
- Among the app’s top selling points include its ability to alert users in case of sim card replacement and even ring the device even when it was originally set to be in silent mode.
- Although the app is free to download on the Google Play, some of its best features can only be accessed through its Elite Version, which costs $0.99/month to $0.75/ month.
Another Android locator app you should check out is the Mobistealth. Aside from helping users track down the location of their Androids, the app also allows them to monitor messages, photos, videos, browsing history and call history of the device.
- The best thing about this app is that it can record calls and the sound of the phone’s surroundings.
- Moreover, users can also choose to make the app become tamper-proof and undetectable.
- For its disadvantages, interested customers who want to avail the app will need to pay
$59.99/month to $69.99/month, depending on the version they’ll be getting.
7. Life 360
Life 360 is an Android location manager specially made for families who want to stay connected with each other. Among its features include the ability to monitor the location of a stolen or lost phone, create your own groups and chat for free, as well as receive real-time reports on the whereabouts of your family members.
- The best thing about the life 360 is that it provides users with real-time alerts when Circle Members arrive at or leave certain destinations; thus, eliminating the need to send the typical “Where are you?” texts to your loved ones.
- Some of the app’s best features are only available for users who have availed its premium versions, which costs $2.99/month to $7.99/month.
Glympse serves as an locate spyware on Android that enables you to share your real-time location using GPS tracking to anyone you want. You can get it at the Google Play for free and can even be integrated with other devices as well.
- One of the best features of this app is that it doesn’t have any sign-up requirement and even runs passively in the background.
- For its downside, the app can only work in places where you have GPS and a data connection.
Another way to easily locate your Android is by downloading Hoverwatch. Serving as a GPS phone tracker for Android, the app provides accurate GPS location of any device using the Wi-Fi hotspots and GPS system.
- The app’s invisibility feature, ability to access browser history, and the use of both Wi-Fi signals and GPS system to track location remain to be its top selling features.
- However, one the downside, the app requires a minimum subscription price of €8.33 per month.
10. GPS Phone Tracker
Standing as one of the oldest GPS tracking services, this app remains to be a top choice for many Android users who wish to keep their devices secured and protected. With the said app, users can easily track the location of their family members using GPS system.
- The best thing about the GPS Phone Tracker is that it is free and easy to manage.
- However, the app’s limited monitoring feature positions it on a place way behind other Android location tracking apps.
From your personal messages, images, to online accounts, there comes an array of things that are likely to be accessed by other people once you’ve lost your phone. Thanks to Android locator apps, you can now add another level of security to your device that will keep you at ease and confident.
Which among these apps caught your interest? Be sure to download one now.