Are you experiencing some unhappy things when browsing on the Internet? How to block web content or what are the best web content filters?
What is a Web Content Filter?
Web content filtering is simply the act of blocking someone’s access to certain forms of web content. More importantly, it’s a method parents often deploy to restrict their children’s access to offensive, inappropriate, and even dangerous content. Families that use web content filters primarily want to avoid their children’s access to adult content.
How Do I Access Content Filtering?
You will need to get certain software or hardware that purposely block websites or content. Such software often creates rules for your device on which content will be on. Most website content filters use certain keywords to block pages.
The content filters will help you identify content patterns on your device. These patterns can range from text strings to specific objects within an image. If those strings match with the content specified for filtering, the software will then block access of the device user.
To use website content filter on your device, kindly follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Click ‘Proxy’ > ‘HTTP/HTTPS’ in the left-hand navigation.
- Step 2: Click the ‘URL Filter’ tab.
- Step 3: Click the ‘Create a Profile’ link at the top left of the interface. The ‘Profile editor’ pane will open for adding a new profile.
- Step 4: To add URLs to whitelists or blacklists, click the ‘Custom black-and whitelists’ stripe. The text boxes for entering the whitelist and blacklist domains will open.
Best Web Content Filters Recommended
If you don’t want to undergo the stress of setting web content control on your device, there are some classical app you can consider using. Some of the best web content filter you can use include :
This is a comprehensive tool that allows you to secure, deploy, and manage your mobile applications without any stress. It offers a simple and cost-effective solution to monitor, investigate, and analyze any of your data from the web, social media among others. This tool also helps you to identify threats and ultimately make better security decisions.
FortiClient is a tool that is solely created to help you centrally manage, monitor, patch, and even quarantine, your real-time endpoint visibility. This allows people to investigate and remotely quarantine their compromised endpoints.
Blocking Internet access is much easier when you use BrowseControl. With this app, you can make groups that allow or restrict users’ access to certain websites. These controls can be done from one central console of this application.
Know that BrowseControl is a one-time-payment-based license. Immediately you purchase the app, you will own a license key that will remain usable for life.
ContentProtect is another wonderful software that can help you block inappropriate or time-wasting web content on your device. It has powerful cloud-based administration tools that ensure that you make changes and also see reports on your device anywhere and anytime.
5. Security Filter
Security Filter is a cloud-based web filtering tool that gives parental controls for families. It’s a technology that allows schools and parents to keep their kids safe in an increasingly digital world. It can help mitigate the negative effects of children’s exposure to adult content. Its AI alerts parents and counselors to instances of cyberbullying or even self-harm to save lives.
Best Parental Control on Browser History on Phone
first description and then recommend 3 software below with highlight, then pros and cons:
mSpy helps you monitor your child’s phone activity remotely. Also, it makes sure the kids are safe wherever they are! It takes a few minutes to install the app on your phone. This app is not visible on the target device. So, no one can detect that you’re monitoring their activity on the device. All data stored on the app are encrypted and well protected. No one can access them except you. More than 1.5 million parents all over the world already trust mSpy™ with the online safety of their children. Don’t be left alone in this kind of development.
- This app is stable and has some advanced features.
- The developer offers excellent 24/7 customer support for users.
- Each license is for one device only
- If you wipe the target phone, the data can not be recovered through a backup.
Qustodio is a parental control software that helps parents keep tabs on their kids’ screen time. It helps parents keep an eye on how their kids use the internet. Also, it’s great for tracking the kid’s location on some devices.
This software gives parents granular control over their child’s device time with the option to block or limit specific apps or games. With this app, parents can easily filter out objectionable content, and keep a close eye on all of their kid’s online activities.
- It works well across a variety of platforms and devices.
- You can also see kids’ web and search history.
- It’s expensive
- Its iOS functionality is very limited.
- It doesn’t offer support for Chromebooks.
Spyic is a known leader in the world of phone monitoring tool. This tool is used by over a million people from several parts of the world. It’s widely used by parents, employers, people in relationships, as well as cybersecurity personnel.
This app can :
1. Read messages: Spyic allows you to read text messages and iMessages sent out from the device or received on it. Every message is accompanied by a date and time log.
2. Check call logs: The app tracks all calls made or received on the device. Every call entry comes with a timestamp.
3. View social media activity: Spyic can monitor a variety of popular social media apps including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Snapchat.
4. Track locations: Spyic makes use of the phone’s built-in GPS to track its movements. You can view street names, buildings, and neighborhoods.
5. Access web browser history: You can access the device’s web browser history. You get a list of recently visited websites with site descriptions and timestamps.
6. Download media files: What images and videos are stored on the target device? Spyic gives you a peek at the photo gallery.
Pros of Spyic
- It does not require phone rooting.
- It has a good support system.
Cons of Spyic
- It’s expensive to acquire.
- It does not provide call recording or intercepting features.
The experience you get from free web content filtering software. However, you need to know that some great premium tools can offer you the satisfaction you’ve been eager to get. Some of them are already explained in the upper part of this article. You can never regret using them.