Most of the users receive unwanted calls that are no use to them. These calls can be done for the purpose of harassment. But don’t worry no matter you are an Android or iPhone user, there are many methods that you can use to block restricted calls.
Getting unknown calls can be a headache for some people, but to solve these issues, many companies have launched their software. In this article, we will discuss some of these apps and how you can use them.
What are Restricted Calls?
Restricted calls are the blocked calls when they are not visible to the users. But if you have blocked the numbers, then you will see a specific message whenever they call you. This is how the restricted call method work.
Why People Want to Block Restricted Calls?
There are many reasons when people want to block restricted calls. Some of them are mentioned below:
- When someone is annoying them from the past few days.
- People are getting continuous calls for the purpose of harassments.
- When they receive calls from an unknown number.
- Getting unlimited spam text messages.
How to Block Restricted Calls Android
Below are the steps that you can follow to block restricted calls on Android:
Step 1: Open your Phone icon.
Step 2: Search for the restricted call and click the option.
Step 3: Now choose the block number at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: You can also go to the Call settings and click the “Call rejection” option.
Step 5: After that, click Auto reject list and then the “+” button and add the block numbers.
How to Block Restricted Calls iPhone
There are two methods of blocking the restricted calls on iPhone. One method is via call history, and the other one is do not disturb.
First method Via Call history
Step 1: Go to the phone icon.
Step 2: Click on the “!” symbol next to your restricted call option.
Step 3: Now click on “Block this Caller”.
Second method via Do Not Disturb
Step 1: Go to the settings and search for Do Not Disturb option.
Step 2: Now search for the all call option.
Step 3: Choose you to want to block all contacts or favorite.
Step 4: On the other page, make sure all the settings are done accordingly.
Step 5: Turn on the “Do not disturb” option from the top page.
5 Apps that Can Help You Block Restricted Calls
Here are 5 apps that will help you to block restricted calls with simple steps. You can easily get these apps at reasonable rates. Below are some of the details about these apps.
There are many apps that help you to block the restricted calls, but some of the most famous ones are the true caller. This app is best for blocking unknown numbers, so you can avoid their calls and messages.
This app will make sure that you don’t get disturbed from spam calls, messages, or any other things. If you are looking for the best solution to avoid spam calls, then this app is best for you.
- It comes with a powerful dialer that helps you to block spam calls.
- The most famous feature of this app is an SMS feature that helps to block unwanted SMS.
- This app contains a blacklist option for blocking the calls.
2. Call Control
This app helps to block calls and SMS by a single click. You can easily make a list of numbers that you want to block, and this app will do the rest. The best thing about this app is that you can also block the robocalls.
This app works in such a way that it identifies the numbers that you have blocked. Once it got the numbers, it easily blocks them from the settings. In this way, you can stay safe from spam calls.
- It helps to block unwanted numbers.
- This app works for both calls and text messages.
- You can enable the IQ feature to block robo calls.
- It comes with Do Not Disturb mode option.
3. Hiya Caller
This app works in such a way that it checks the block numbers and stop the calls and messages from them. You can block unlimited restricted calls. The best thing about this app is that it’s free and you can easily find it on Google Play Store.
- You can enable Enhanced Dialer option.
- You can get free security alerts every time the block number calls you.
- It helps to backlist robo calls and spam messages.
4. Whos Call
If you are worried about the calls of telemarketers, then this app is best for you. With the help of this app, you can easily identify the calls, and it will block it for you. This app is designed in such a way that it can recognize caller ID. You can also block unlimited numbers using this app.
- You can block unlimited numbers using this app.
- This app provides Whoscall card for blocking the numbers.
- You can get three options: Block spam calls, Identify Unknown calls, and Unknown number search.
This app helps to block those numbers which you have saved in the blacklist. Not just that it also helps you to block the fraud callers, so you can easily save your mobile data. This app is best for those who are worried about unwanted calls.
- It can block calls from area code, the entire country.
- The app works best for those who want to avoid marketing calls.
- It will also help to report the spam calls to other people.
- You can send a safe message with the help of this app.
Extra Tips: How to Find Block Phone Number
Have you blocked some of the numbers that you don’t like? Now you want to unblock them or want to check them.
Here are the steps that you can use to check the block phone numbers on Android.
- Go to the Phone icon. This icon looks like a phone receiver that can be found on all the devices.
- Now click the settings that can be found at the top corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down and check for the Blocked Numbers. You will see the list.
- Once you have seen the list, you can let the numbers blocked or unblock them.
Note: This process works for all the devices that come under Google, Motorola, OnePlus, Lenovo Phone, etc.
Blocking the numbers that you don’t want to see can be fun, but sometimes it can be frustrated to find them. Some people don’t know the methods as well as how they can check their block numbers.
If you are facing the same issues, then don’t worry because here is the method that will help you to manage your block numbers and you can also see the list as well.
- Go to the settings of your iPhone device.
- Now, search for Phone and click Call blocking & Identification.
- Now tap Edit.
- You will see a list of numbers you have blocked recently.
Blocking numbers in this era are the easiest task because there are thousands of app present that will help you to block the numbers in a few seconds. If you are worried about how to block the numbers? Then check 5 best app mentioned above that will help you to get an idea about blocking.