Are you intended to block a website on Firefox due to any reason? The reasons can be that the website consists of offensive content, and you wanted to protect your children from it. Many methods and tools are available that help their users block a particular website on their computers or mobile device. In this way, users can protect their devices from unwanted content by restricting them from accessing specific sites.
Part 1: How to Block Website on Firefox Using Parental Control?
Parental control allows parents to check and monitor their children’s activities on the internet. It helps to prevent the children from unsuitable and inappropriate content. Parental controls can be implemented through Settings on Windows 10.
- Open Settings on your Windows 10 PC and search for the Accounts options. Click on the first option to come up.
- Click on the Family & Other Users on the left and then Add A Family Member option.
- Click on the added family member option and enter your child’s email address or follow the given instructions on the screen to create one.
- Once the account has been set up, click Manage Family Settings Online and you can see all options to block the website and apply filters.
Part 2: How to Block Sites on Firefox Using Addon Extensions
Add ons enable their users to add features for a personalized experience. Mostly add ons are created with the best intent and deliver users for delightful features. Moreover, add ons can also be used for security and blocking unwanted websites. Some many applications and tools are available, but we will discuss some of them here.
2.1 Block Site
Block Site extension will block access to certain websites that you don’t like. It provides a master password to control all customization options and access to any blocked website. It is also able to divert the navigation of a specific website to another. The following steps will help to block any website with the help of Block Site.
- Search for block site extension and add it to your browser.
- Click on add extension in the pop-up box.
- Check for extension in the top right-hand corner.
- Visit the website you are interested in blocking and click at the orange shield at the top right corner and click on the Block this site. Now the website has been blocked.
2.2 uBlock Origin
uBlock Origin is a general-purpose blocker for blocking different websites ads and trackers by default. The extension is available for all browsers such as chrome, edge, opera, and Firefox. So, here we will discuss a step-by-step guide to install uBlock Origin on Firefox and how to block different websites with it.
- Like any other add-on, install uBlock Origin by visiting the Firefox add-on page and clicking on add to Firefox and clicking on Add when prompted.
- Upon successful completion, a notification will appear at the top right corner, and uBlock origin has been added to your toolbar. Whenever users visit a website, it will automatically block the malicious trackers and ads, which can be checked by clicking on the icon.
FoxFilter is a browser add-on extension available for different browsers such as chrome, edge, and Firefox and is designed to deliver filtered access to the worldwide web. It helps its users to block inappropriate content and customize any other filtering preferences and sensitivity settings. So, the given steps will guide you about how to use FoxFilter.
- Download and install Firefox.
- After installing, go to tools > FoxFilter Settings.
- A new page will open which you can set keywords in the Settings menu. The keyword must have the keyword for the website URL you wanted to block. Now the desired website has been blocked.
3.1 How to Unblock a Website on Firefox?
A block website in Firefox prevents the viewers from seeing certain website pages in their browsers. The blocks usually happen when you have add-ons on their software that deliver specific functions. Blocks are helpful if you are not interested in problematic content. However, if certain websites have been blocked and you desire to unblock them, then follow the given steps:
- Open Firefox and click on three dots in the upper right corner, and go to settings page.
- Click on the general tab on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down until you reach the network proxy section. This section relies on the bottom of the General tab settings page.
- Click on Settings at the right side of the network proxy.
- Check for the manual configuration box at the top of the window and insert the required data.
- In the HTTP proxy field, insert the proxy server to which you must connect. In the port, the area inserts a specific port. This is how the proxy can unblock websites in Firefox.
3.2 How to Block YouTube on Firefox?
Sometimes users consider it an excellent option to block YouTube on their browsers to eliminate distractions from their work. Many methods are available to block YouTube on Firefox, but we will discuss them in easy steps. The excellent option is that you still have the option to unblock them.
- Open Firefox and go to YouTube.
- Click on the lock icon on the left side of the URL and select the site settings at the drop-down.
- Scroll down until you reach “Your device use” and click on the Ask (default) box.
- Select Block.
3.3 How to Block Website on Firefox Mobile?
There are many reasons due to which users want to block certain sites on their phones. The reasons can vary, but important ones are that websites spread a virus on your device, consist of useless content, and even some websites want to steal personal data. To avoid those websites blocking services are available that can be done through the following steps.
- First of all, download the BlockSite app, install and launch an app on your mobile phone.
- Enable the accessibility, and block site the option in the app to allow block websites.
- After enabling the block site, return to the app and click on the + icon available at the bottom right place. This will redirect you towards a page where you can block the website and other mobile apps from suggested categories or enter the site or app name in the search bar. Here enter the website’s full name or app name in the search bar you desire to block.
- Now checkmark your site and confirm whether it has been blocked or not.
The internet is full of unwanted content, forcing users to restrict themselves from accessing certain websites. There are many methods available to block any website on Firefox to solve this problem, but the most important has been discussed. By following them, users can get rid of certain websites or can unblock some websites if accidentally blocked by themselves.