Are you concerned about making your internet usage safe since your privacy is always at risk? Do you want to supervise your partner’s online activities as he/she might have become a porn addict? Do you want to keep your children protected against the possible dangers of the internet as they can get affected by social engineering? If yes, you’ve landed at the right spot.
While avoiding internet usage is almost impossible since it has become indispensable nowadays, using it does come with certain dangers. Scroll down to know more about it and possible ways of protecting your loved ones and yourself too.
Thinking Of What’s Danger Of Using the Internet?
Well, when it comes to defining dangers of the internet, it can be anything that can be detrimental for the internet user. This harm can be of different kinds such as physical, reputational, financial, social, emotional, and psychological.
Here are some of the different types dangers of using the internet that everybody needs to know to keep themselves safe from:
- Verbal Obscenities
- Graphic Violence
- Internet Predators
- Identity theft
- Unsafe Privacy
- Malware attacks and invasion of worms and other viruses
How to Get Rid Of Dangers Of The Internet
Here are some useful tips that you and your kids need to know to get rid of dangers of the internet:
1. Avoid Giving Out Private Information
Everyone should avoid providing his/her name, age, school name, address, contact number or pictures, in online chat rooms, by instant message, email, or clubs online.
2. Avoid Talking To Strangers
Tell your kids they should not befriend strangers online in nearly every circumstance. In case they don’t know an individual, don’t accept their friend or follow requests on social media.
3. Never Share Your Password
Neither you nor your child should share their password even with a close friend too. What’s more, always create strong passwords for all of your online accounts.
4. Place The Computer In The Living Room
Doing so will restrict you to view any inappropriate content. Moreover, it will enable you to see what’s your children are surfing.
5. Ensure the Security of Your Connection
To serve this purpose, you need using a protected VPN connection. Doing so will enable you to have a protected connection amid an Internet server and your device. Also, nobody can access or monitor the data that you exchange in this way.
How to Get Rid of Dangers of the Internet via Apps
Have a look at which best apps can keep you and your family safe from the internet dangers.
This award-winning mobile app is inclusive of a broad range of parental controls offering:
- Category blocking
- YouTube filtering
- Blocked phrases
- Time limits
- Internet activity reports
In addition to this, it comes with three restriction levels in it.
- The elementary school level: It blocks shopping, social networking, entertainment, gaming, news content, and clothing.
- The middle school level: It blocks gambling; online shopping, dating, chat sites and liquor.
- The high school level: It blocks proxy, sexual, adult, virus, weapons, hacking and violence sites.
How to Use
- At first, download the app on all the devices your family has.
- The second step is signing up as a parent and adding your child’s device.
- Then, start monitoring after customizing your settings.
- It comes with a free trial
- Allows monitoring of multiple devices
- QR code Installation
- FAQ sections and detailed tutorials
- Co-parent access
- A limited Mobile interface in comparison to Web version
- Communication delays and problems between a local app and online console
- Requires downloading of two apps
- Real-time parental notifications missing
2. Norton Family
Norton Family Premier is an outstanding cross-platform product for parental control, enabling the monitoring of the required devices.
How to Use
- Firstly, visit Norton Family for having your registration for a 30-day free trial.
- Secondly, create your kid’s profile.
- Then, abide by the guidelines for downloading the client on your PC.
- Next, link your kid with the computer.
- Up next is the installation of Norton’s application on the phone of your child.
- Note: Your kid must have his own login so that the settings don’t apply when you use the computer under your name.
- The app doubles as the web browser and your kid must agree to perform all web browsing via the app.
- Compatible with Windows, iOS devices and android
- No specific number of devices to monitor
- Flexible blocking filtering of content according to the requirements
- Helpful in tracking videos on Hulu and YouTube
- Controls SMS and contacts on Android
- Enables tracking the location of your child through mobile devices
- Incompatible with Mac
- Offers limited iOS support
3. Covenant Eyes
Originally, this app was designed for people to get control of pornography’s accessibility and lure on the Internet. Individuals, families and couples, alike can make an account for encouraging each other to keep a distance from websites considered damaging to relationships.
How to Use
- For using the app, one must own a Covenant Eyes username with Screen Accountability which you will get by signing up.
- The next step is downloading the browsers and installing the Covenant Eyes app to every of your device.
- Login to your account, and add new users to it.
- Then it’s time to assigning an Accountability Partner as well as Filter Guardian.
- Next is managing basic settings for improved blocking and overseeing of inappropriate contents.
- Aid users in avoiding pornography on the Internet by keeping their family members/mates knowledgeable about their online activities.
- Compatible with almost every device.
- Opens Up Conversations amongst everybody making use of it
- Generate easily readable weekly reports
- On iOS Devices, it’s easy to turn this app off without notifying partners
- Unauthorized parties may hack the reports of users as reported by users themselves
This amazing app features configurable reporting as well as alerts which works for both a single user and a large business group.
How to Use
- Firstly, download the app and set up the installation file.
- Then, make an account.
- Thirdly, read its License Agreement carefully and then click “I Agree” .
- The next step is registering the software to your account.
- If you are using the family plan, select family members otherwise skip the 5th section.
- Finally, it’s time to assigning accountability partners.
- Compatible with all devices
- Generate reports and make them available for you at any time
- Easy to install
- Unlimited accountability partners
- No recording of keystrokes and private information or screenshot’s capturing for ensuring user’s safety
- No mode of filtering sites or limiting the duration when a user is able to access the internet
- Only the “Family Account” package comes with the time alerts option
- The availability of GPS tracking option is just for iOS and Android devices
- Keep stored the generated reports for only 15 days
Spyzie enables you to stop your children from cyberbullying, watching pornography as well as many other threats that may be harmful to them.
How to Use
- You need to buy this app in the frit place in order to use it.
- Secondly, create your child’s and your account on Spyize.
- Get started.
- Compatible with Android and iOS device
- Affordable price
- Easily understandable and easy to use
- Rooting the Android Device is not needed
- Allow tracking of the Social Media Activities on the device
- Long-time of response
- Restricted features to unjailbreak the device
- Doesn’t display Group chats
Although you cannot stop using the internet, you can limit the dangers by keeping in mind the aforementioned tips as well as getting relevant accountability apps. Stay safe and protected online!