Geofencing apps using a technology of using the global positioning system (GPS) or radio-frequency identification (RFID) to set up a digital geographic boundary. Using a platform, users can demarcate lines an area or coverage in which a device should be in at all times. Should the target device and its user go out of bound, the platform will trigger notifications alerting the primary user.
There are a number of applications that allows you to use geofencing on target devices. These apps are usually utilized by parents, employers or individuals wanting to monitor a target’s location.
What Can Geofencing Apps Do for You?
Before we get to the list of the best geofencing you should consider getting it is important to know how these platforms can give you an advantage. Here are some things that geofencing apps can do to benefit you.
1. It Allows Carefree Monitoring
One of the reasons why people get these applications is for monitoring. While keeping an eye on a target person in real-time is preferable for trackers, it can be quite exhausting, time-consuming and impractical. Because of this, it is important to find a platform that will notify you during unfavourable incidents.
Geofencing apps allow you to set parameters which, when violated, will send notifications to your device. This way, you do not have to constantly monitor your device while still keeping a close eye on the target person.
2. It Enables immediate Action
Because you will immediately get an alert when the target device leaves the demarcated lines you have set, you can take direct and appropriate actions. This is highly useful for parents who are worried about their children’s whereabouts.
3. It is Useful for Targeted Marketing
Aside from monitoring, these Geofencing apps can also be used for marketing. Experts marketers have been incorporating advanced technology to enhance their campaign. Targeted marketing takes advantage of geofencing. By getting in touch with potential customers within a certain area, marketers are able to drive traffic to their location, website and other venues.
The 10 Best Geofencing Apps
Now that you know how these applications can benefit you, you may be more interested in getting one for yourself. Before you go and purchase the first geofencing software you see, it is important to make sure that you get the right one. To find a software that can fully cater to your needs, consider getting these 10 best geofencing apps in the market.
1. Kaspersky Safe Kids
Cybersecurity company Kaspersky creates this application. It allows users to keep track of their kids by viewing their location and battery level. True to its geofencing function, you can mark a certain area in which your kids can safely stay in. The app will send you an alert in case your child steps out of this perimeter.
- The app also enables parents to manage their kids’ screen time and to supervise Facebook activities.
- It also offers advice from experts such as child psychologists, allowing you to improve your parenting skills.
- Moreover, you can rely on this app when blocking sites with inappropriate content.
- You can get this software for free, but with limited features.
geofences and receive notifications when your kids enter or exit these boundaries. You can also use the geofencing feature combines with screen time limiters and app blockers. To use this, you simply need to download the app, sign in as a parent and set up the account on your target device.
- This application allows you to combine three key features namely geofencing, app blocking and screen limiting.
- The best thing about this is that it automatically detects and reports inappropriate contents such as images, texts and videos.
- You can use the app for free for up to three days. After the promo period, you will need to subscribe to the service.
3. KidsGuard Pro
Clevguard’s KidsGUard Pro is another app targeted to parents. The app gives you a location history, allowing you to track the habits of your children. You can also take screenshots of the target device’s screen.
- This allows you to track more than 25 file types including calls, videos and images.
- When installing this program, you do not have to root your phone.
- This application does not support iOS as of this writing.
4. Gizmo Control Family
Just like the other apps, this entry allows you to track the location of your family members. Moreover, you can rest assured that you will receive an alert in case your target user moves away.
- This application allows you to manage a group using your phone or a personal computer.
- It also comes with an antivirus that can keep your mobile device safe from any form of malware.
- Some users experience some lags while using the location tracker.
5. Sygic Family Locator
This application keeps the real-time location of your family. It allows parents to create safe and unsafe zones which users should never leave or should never enter at all times. An automatic alert will be sent to your device in the event that target people to go out of bounds.
- The app comes with an SOS sender, which means that users can use this feature to ask for help in case of emergency.
- The application does not offer real-time monitoring yet.
This parental application also lets you set up geofences for your children. It also allows you to keep an eye on your children’s internet activity.
- With its GPS tracker, the software enabled parents to track the entirety of the target device’s location history.
- It also shows the whole route history of your child.
- The application has limitations when it comes to monitoring capabilities depending on the device platform.
The main function of this app is for geo-location for travellers. You can use this to create a geofence, while also setting up an alert for establishments near you.
- Because the app is made especially for finding establishments within a geofence, it performs its features precisely as it should be.
- As it specializes in geofencing, it does not have other spying features.
8. Ultimate GPS Alarm
Just like GeoAlert, this alarm is functional for travellers. It allows users to set an alarm when your device passes by a location you have set. This way, you can sleep during your ride without worrying about missing your stop.
- It is a unique application for tracking your location and keeping yourself alert.
- It does not have spying options.
Spyic gives you an idea about the location of your target, complete with geofencing technology. Moreover, you can view app activities across a wide variety of programs including WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat and many others.
- It includes a whole lot of tracking features, compatible with iOS and Android.
- The device needs to be connected to the internet before it can be monitored.
Note: in our survey, we find Spyic is closed or forbidden recently, you may need to try other methods.
10. Control Apple Maps
Apple’s built-in application allows you to define locations which you frequently visit. You can enter your work and home address to mark these places. Moreover, this app allows you to get directions to and from places you enter.
- It is a built-in software ensuring that it is rid of the malware.
- It does not allow users to monitor other people’s activities.
Some Tips for Using a Geofencing App
- Make sure to select the right location
- Set a distinct alarm or notification
- Take immediate action when an alert shows up
With such a useful Geofencing Apps, you can rest assured that you can keep an eye on your children with minimal stress. Make sure to pick from this list and you will surely get the best app for you and your family.