Launched in 2015, discord is a place where people connect and communicate with others, for gaming or other purposes. Sometimes you might want to block someone in order to keep them from bothering you and keeping a healthy environment in your chat room. This article is about how to block someone on Discord and its related tips.
Part 1: What is Discord
Discord is a platform, has both mobile applications and a website, that allows instant messaging, voice calls, video calls, screen sharing, and much more. It is software for everyone who wants to hang out, socialize and chat with others.
Part 2: How to Block Someone on Discord
There are many reasons why would you want to do such a thing. How to block someone on discord or just restrict someone from reaching out to you is described down below. First, let’s discuss how to do this on the discord website.
- Login to your discord account on the website. On the left side is the list of your servers and friends.
- Find and right-click the profile photo or username of someone you want to block, and then click on Block.
- Or open the user profile of whatever person you want to block. Click on the three dots seen on the right side, and then choose Block. It is the same as what to do on the Discord Mobile App.
Part 3: How to See Block List and Unblock Someone on Discord
And after that, you may change your mind and want to unblock them. Following are how to see the block list and unblock them, which is also a relatively easy task to accomplish.
- Open discord website and log in. Click on the home button with discord logo in the left sidebar and then click on the Friends tab.
- In the top horizontal bar, click on Blocked.
- You will now be presented with the list of people on discord blocked.
- Right click on someone you would like to unblock and then click on Unblock.
If you want to view the blocklist on the Discord Mobile App, then the directions that follow will help you.
- Open the Discord application on your phone and go to the profile page.
- Tap on My account > Blocked users.
- You will now be presented with people’s usernames and profile pictures that you have blocked.
- And tap three dots on the right. Tap on those. An option to unblock will appear on the screen.
Part 4: How to Block Discord
Discord is a great platform for people to connect. However, if you are a parent whose children have become increasingly addicted to mobile and the internet, and you are worried about that, then you might want to explore this option of blocking Discord. It basically is a sort of parental control to prevent your child from this application.
- On your iPhone:
Open Settings and locate Screen Time. If you don’t have a screen time passcode, then create one.
Now find the Content and Privacy Restrictions option and turn it on.
Under Allowed apps and find Discord app. Tap on the toggle in front of it to turn it off.
- On Android with Google Play Store:
Open play store and on the top right corner is your profile picture, tap on it.
Tap on Settings > Family > Parental controls.
Toggle this feature on and set a PIN.
Then tap Apps & games. Discord is rated for 13+, thus you can allow applications that have a 3+ or 7+ rating.
Click on save. Now search for discord in the Playstore. You can’t find it since it has been blocked.
Discord is a great platform to socialize, have healthy conversations, and make new friends. But blocking someone you don’t like or don’t know is the right of every person. A detailed guide on how to block someone on Discord has been provided which will help you in having an enjoyable Discord experience.