Are you aware of internet phishing? The attempt of obtaining your sensitive information and credentials. How can you save yourself from this? Well, keep reading and exploring how to block websites on chrome while using internet.
Is It Necessary to Block Websites on Chrome?
- Many personal internet users are utilizing the same internet connection for multiple devices which leads to stealing personal data and internet surfing data.
- Also, parents need to save their children from using adult sites or make them restricted to the sites good for their studies.
- Moreover, the websites that are taking your data can misuse your information even after closing that site. They probably can continuously keep an eye on you to know your details and use that information for their very own purpose
To make yourself safe from these theft activities on Chrome it is necessary to block such websites so that you can handle your data carefully without any trouble. Lets see the different ways to block websites on chrome.
How to Block Websites on Chrome
1. How to Block Websites on Chrome using Restricted Sites
A simple, official and easy to use function of Chrome is Restricted sites that gives you a chance to block sites from showing up in your Google search results.
Step 1: Open chrome, click the three dot icon in the top right corner.
Step 2: Go to Settings> Advanced> System> Open proxy settings> security> Restricted sites> Sites.
Step 3: You can input the website you want to block in the box, then tap Add> Close> OK. Restart your chrome, the websites you added will not be accessed again.
2. How to Block Websites on Chrome using Chrome Extension
Step 1: Search Chrome Extension “Block Site” then add it to your browser.
The most effortless approach to block sites clients can visit through Google Chrome is to download a browser extension. You can access the “Block Site” extension through the Chrome web store.
Simply search for the Block Site extension or any other tool you like for the same purpose and select “Add to Chrome” appears at the top right corner.
Step 2: A pop-up box appeared, click “Add Extension”
After clicking “Add to Chrome” a pop-up window appears that will give the summarize details of the main features of the extension. Click “Add extension” and that’s how the extension will be installed in your browser.
Step 3: Check the Extension icon appeared at the right corner.
When the installation is done, an orange coloured extension icon will appear at the top right corner of your browser.
Step 4: Now its time to block a site you don’t like
Simply go to the website which is not appropriate for you or your kids, click that extension icon from the browser and click “block this site”. Bingo!
3. How to Block Websites on Chrome using Hosts File
Regardless of whether you’re on Windows, Mac or Linux, you can utilize the Hosts document to block explicit sites. It might sound somewhat geek, yet it’s truly not unreasonably terrible and may speak to the individuals who like blocking sites without hosting to mess around with third-party softwares. In case you’re not into this technique, look down for different approaches to block undesirable sites. Here’s how you can block sites using hosts file:
Using Hosts File in Windows
- Go to “C:Windows/System32/Drivers/etc” and open the “hosts” document utilizing Notepad.
- At the the base under all the hash images (you can erase everything set apart with the hash image if you like so you have a perfect sheet), type “127.0.0.1” trailed by “localhost.”
- Type “127.0.0.1” in the next line trailed by the url of the site you need to block, repeat this progression for each unwanted site.
Using Hosts File in Mac and Linux
The same process is applied here as applied on Windows, you just have to navigate the “/etc” directory to open the hosts file. Despite, all other points of “Using Hosts File in Windows” will work here.
4. How to Block Websites on Android Chrome
If you regularly surf the web by means of Chrome on your Android gadget, you may need to hinder certain sites to guarantee that you are safe from the phishing activities.
Like desktop there is also a “Block Site” feature which should be install as an app in cell phones. Here’s how you can do it:
Step1: Go to Google Play, search the “BlockSite” app, install.
Each Android phone has a store of apps to download called Google Play or Play Store from where you can download the apps both free or paid. Go to that app, search for “BlockSite” app, open it and click the install button.
Step 2: Open BlockSite, the downloaded app.
Done downloading? Now open the icon appeared in your smart phone.
Step 3: Allow your app to function in your phone by “enable” it in your phone settings.
Open the app installed in your phone and click “Go to settings”. You will now in your phone settings. Now “enable” the app from here so that it will have the control of your browser.
Step 4: Simply use the “+” symbol to block sites which you don’t like!
Open the BlockSite app and click the green “+” symbol at the top right corner of your phone. A page will be open where you can type the name of website of application which you want to block. See the screenshot given below to understand the selection of “Website” or “App”.
Step 5: Confirm if the site is blocked.
Type the URL of the website you want to block and you will find a checkmark at the top right corner of your screen. Click it and now its blocked!
5. How to Block Websites on Chrome iPhone
Step 1: Open the “Settings” application in your phone
Step 2: Click the option “Screen Time” among the available options then click Content Privacy and Restrictions. If you have a password already, just insert it to move further else you have to set one by clicking to “Use Screen Time Passcode”.
Step 3: Click the “Content Restriction” option available, and if you don’ see it that’s because your “Content and Privacy Restriction” section is turned off. Turn it on to get the above-mentioned option.
Step 4: Click the “Web Content” option
Step 5: Click the option labelled as “Limit Adult Website”. You will get two options now- Always allow or Never allow.
Step 6: Tap in the bar which says Never allow and type the URL you want to block. Click “Done” on keyboard appeared onscreen.
Step 7: Now go to Chrome and type that blocked URL, it will not load.
6. How to Block Websites through Parental Control App: SpyEra
Spyera is a parental control spy app used by parents to control the wrong usage of the phone by their kids and for their safety. A very simple and best among all spy apps.
- 1. Download and install it in your phone.
- 2. The app, spy and then collect all information which then sent by the app at your secure web account which is made while signing up.
- 3. It also records phone calls and uploaded them on your web account.
- 4. The most amazing part is, it silently open phone’s microphone and all the surroundings can be then heard.
Some Useful Tips about Block Websites
- Save your time by block those websites that drain your precious time.
- Block the websites which are dreadful for your kids’ future and because of which they are not giving proper time to their studies like porn sites, gaming websites.
- Block the sites which needs your data and continuously giving you offers to sign and pay. These websites have nothing really good to offer you and they need your data and money to serve themselves better.