Many parents have struggled to remotely lock their child’s iPhone.It’s not really hard as they think. Their struggle happens because they can’t find quality information about how they can remotely lock their child’s iPhone. Perhaps you’re a parent who desires to lock your kids iPhone, feel free to read this article.
Can I Lock My Child’s Phone Remotely?
Sure, you can lock your child’s phone remotely. It’s possible for you to set screen time limits on your teenagers’ phones. This is a smartphone era. So, if you’re a modern parent who desires to choose between letting your kids use a phone in your absence or while you’re busy at home, you would need to know how to set restrictions on their devices. Apart from setting time limits, you can subject their app downloads to parental approval.
How to Remotely Lock Child’s iPhone?
If you need to lock your child’s iPhone, there are some things you would need to target. Once you take those actions, your kids won’t be aware you’ve locked them out of their devices. They will just be limited to using the default app on their iPhone.
Some of those actions you can take to lock your child iPhone include :
1. Setting up parental controls
If you must lock your child’s iPhone, you should first consider setting up parental control on their device. You would need a four-digit PIN to act as a lock for your device. Don’t make the mistake of losing or forgetting this PIN. If you lose the pin, there could be some challenges in the future. Kindly follow the steps below to accomplish these goals :
- Settings > General > Restrictions > On > Enable Restrictions
- Set up a four-digit passcode
- Save it
- Save it somewhere you will find it later
- Now, you can create all kinds of guardrails for your kids
2. Turning off app downloads
Another way to remotely lock your child iPhone is to limit their app download capability. The simple way to go about this include :
- Settings > General > Restrictions > Installing Apps
- Toggle installing apps to the off position
- Restricting app downloads
You can also lock your child iPhone by just restricting their app downloads. To do this, kindly follow the steps below :
- Settings > General > Restrictions > Allowed Content > Apps > 4+ or 9+
- If you choose 12+, it implies that you’re allowing your kids to download Instagram and Snapchat
3. Restricting specific apps
Likewise, you can choose to restrict your kids from using some specific apps. If you’ve found a trending app that could cause harm to your kids,just search for the app and follow the steps below to set restrictions for your kids.
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Allow
- Toggle specific app to the off position
4. Turning off the camera
While you’re not at home, your kids could use their phone camera to take some nude pictures and post to strangers. If you don’t want such situation, you can consider turning off their phone camera by following the procedures below :
- Settings > General > Restrictions > Camera
- Toggle the off position
How Can I Monitor My Child’s iPhone?
Locking your child’s iPhone is not enough to safeguard them from internet issues. As a caring parent, you can consider using some application to monitor your kids. While you’re at your offices or anywhere outside your home, you can secretly monitor what your kids are doing on their iPhones.
There are apps you can use for this kind of monitoring task. Meanwhile, you need to know that they are pros and cons. Kindly explore the content below to find the most suitable app for you. Introduce 3 tools to monitor for parental control, features, pros, and cons.
SPYERA is the best phone tracker app parents can use to monitor their kids.This app lets fathers and mothers protect their children from both online dangers and physical attacks. Are you worried if your child makes it to school or come home from school? Are you scared about the whereabout of your kids? Spyera can provide you with the necessary details you needed to monitor your kids.
Even if you need to monitor your employee, you can use Spyera to do so. This app can let you see where your employees are. It can also let you understand what they’re doing, and what they’re saying behind you. If you need to protect your intellectual property against theft, this is the right app for you to use. It can enable you to know if any secret information about your company is being shared by someone.
Some wonderful features of this app include :
- Easy installation and user-friendly web control panel
- Free updates and remote upgrades
- Compatible with Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows PC, and Mac OS
- It allows reading Blackberry Messenger (BBM) as well as Facebook chat.
- It has got a remote control feature.
Cons: It requires you to jailbreak your device.
FlexiSpy can let you capture all forms of messaging,and records . It let users intercepts all kinds of calls.Everything about your activity is 100% hidden and logs keystrokes.You can use this app to spy on iPhone messages, applications, phone calls and surroundings.
Some of its features include:
- Keylogger. Every keystroke typed on the target phone is captured. You’ll be able to see every username and password.
- Track GPS location. It uses GPS to track the phone’s location. You can view their location history on a map, and track their current location in real-time.
- Keyword Alerts. You can set up text or email alerts that will notify you if the phone sends or receives messages with certain words.
- Take Screenshots. You can remotely take screenshots of the apps they use.
Pro: You access the geographical information of the person you’re monitoring.
Con: It’s expensive to use.
mSpy is a good tool for parents who want to stay on the top of their kids` smartphone activities. This app can let them prevent their kids from online dangers and unwanted exposure. It can run on the background and thus become invisible to the target phone user. Parents who often use this app to monitor their childs internet activities get peace of mind when they use this app for monitoring their kids.
Features of this app include :
- The ability to monitor all incoming and outgoing calls with timestamps, duration, and caller info
- The capability to track all sent, received or deleted texts with timestamps and contact info
- The functionality of getting the current location on the map, routes, and visited places
- The potential of seeing all web browser history and activities with timestamps and bookmarks
- All information is securely stored and protected on the app.
- Responsive support system.
Con: It’s hard to get its original version.
You remotely lock a child’s iPhone without much hassle. By using one of the apps described above, you will give yourself peace of mind when it comes to monitoring your kids. Wherever you are, you will rest assured that you know what your kids are doing behind you.