The Internet can be helpful for the kids and also can be bad for them. As the years are passing, it’s very easy to get access to anything at any time. Whether its Google or YouTube, both the platforms have pros and cons as well. If you are worried about where your kids are spending time, then for your information, this place can be none other than YouTube. YouTube is among the trendiest platforms where you can see millions of online videos for free.
YouTube can be the teacher for many children and can be a headache for parents as well. In this article, you will know the right method of how to parental controls on YouTube by using different devices such as PC, Android, and iPhone.
Why Do People Want to Put Parental Controls on YouTube?
Putting parental controls on YouTube is the only solution to stop your kids from wasting their time. Most people, especially kids, spend their time on YouTube to see videos, movies, and online streaming.
Below are some of the reasons that will help you to understand better why it is important to put parental controls on YouTube.
- To save their kids from wasting their time.
- Parental control is important because YouTube can distract their mind.
- Parental controls can help parents to track their kid’s activities.
- It helps to find out what their kids searched on YouTube.
- It also helps to track the location of their kids.
How to Put Parental Controls on YouTube
How to put restrictions on YouTube? Here some of the methods that you can try for Computer, Android devices, and iPhone.
1. On computer web browser
- Log in into your YouTube with your Gmail account.
- Click on your Gmail account profile pic.
- Now select the Restricted Mode option.
- Active it from Off to On. You can do it by clicking the arrow button.
- Now select the Restricted Lock mode, so your child can’t open it.
2. On Android devices
- The first step is to open the YouTube app.
- Now Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click your profile pic. You can see this option in the right corner.
- Choose the settings.
- Click the Restricted mode filtering option. And turn on the option.
- Tap the X option. You can see it at the top of the screen. Confirm the change settings.
3. On iPhone
- Open the YouTube app on iOS.
- Now click on your account. Make sure you have logged in with your Gmail.
- Select the settings from the Menu.
- Now click Restricted Mode Filtering.
- You will see two options, one is don’t filter, and the other is Strict.
- Choose the strict option.
How to Put Parental Controls on YouTube Kids
This app is developed by YouTube that shows the process of how your kids are using the app. With the help of this app, you can monitor all the activities of your kids. Not just that this app is also best for those, who want to control their kids from watching videos.
You can easily check all the details and can block the links as well with the help of this app. If your kid is under 12 and he/she is watching inappropriate videos, then it will block the data for them. Not just the data, it will also help to block the links as well.
It contains the following features:
- You can set the parental controls time limit on this app easily.
- You can track down all the searches made by your kids.
- The interface of this app is user-friendly.
- This app doesn’t require any personal details from you.
How to use
- Go to the Play Store and download the app.
- Enter your mobile details, and it will ask the number from you.
- Get the code and login into the device.
- Your device is ready to use. Do the settings, and put the limitations.
How to Put Parental Controls on YouTube via Apps
Here are 5 best apps that you can use to control the activities of your kids. If you are worried that they spend lots of time on YouTube, then don’t be, because this software is best and will help you to check all the activities.
You can easily track down their data and can see what they are doing on YouTube. These apps will also help you to track their live location as well.
Spyzie is the finest app that helps to block YouTube from your browsers and mobiles. With the help of its the user-friendly interface, you can easily track the activities of your kid’s. You can also check the amount of time your kid is spending on YouTube.
You can also add different types of videos links as well if you want to block the specific links. In this way, you can easily get the list of what data you blocked from YouTube. If you are tired of your kid’s activities, then this app is best for you.
- This app is best for controlling online streaming and YouTube videos.
- You can easily track the location of your kid’s.
- You can also schedule restriction of the videos.
- It also helps you to track activities on social media.
- The interface is simple and straightforward.
- As compared to other apps, its packages are expensive.
- It doesn’t contain any jailbreak feature.
Are you worried about the parental controls on YouTube? Don’t be because this app is best for you. Not just YouTube, you can easily block all the details such as videos, adult websites, games, online streaming channels, and much more.
With the help of this app, you can easily track down all the activities. The best thing about this app is that it’s very easy to use. You can all check online statistics.
- You can check real-time location.
- With the help of this app, you can track down the activities.
- It’s easy to restrict YouTube using this app.
- You can also block other social media networks such as Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
- Sometimes it takes time to see the result of activities.
3. Norton Parental Control
How to restricted data from YouTube? Norton is best because they always try to launch those things that are best for the people. Norton is concerned about privacy, and this is the reason most of the people uses its products.
As compared to other products, it offers more security. Not just YouTube, you can block other products as well. But to get the best result on time, you have to do some settings on your devices using this product.
- You can track the location of your child.
- It helps to block harmful websites.
- You can connect more devices.
- You can’t get the data about the conversations and group text messages.
4. Kaspersky SafeKids
This software is compatible with all the devices. You can easily get the setup by choosing the packages. Moreover, this app is best for blocking YouTube content, and it also helps to lock different scam websites.
- This device is affordable.
- There is no limit on the devices.
- The interface is simple.
- Limitations are on iOS devices.
- In social networks, it only blocks Facebook.
Putting parental controls on YouTube is the only solution to stop your kids from wasting their time with YouTube. You can use apps for that process because they give you complete access on which data you want to block.