Want to find the best Android keylogger out there? An android keylogger is a piece of software that keep track and records all the buttons pressed in a target smartphone. Using an android keylogger, you can get to see all the activities performed on the target smartphone.
These days, android keyloggers go further than just recording keystrokes, they can also be used to spy on the target smartphone. You get to see their email, call history, photos, videos, and even location. In this article, we will be showing you the 10 best android keyloggers available today, their pros and cons and many more. Let’s get to it.
The Use of an Android Keylogger
Android keyloggers are used in a situation where one needs to keep track of the activities on another target smartphone. Some scenarios where keyloggers are useful include:
- Parents can use an it to monitor what their kids do with their smartphones. Most keyloggers work stealthily, so the kids never know they are being watched.
- Employers use it to keep track of what employees spend their time doing while they are on the job. This is done to ensure that employees aren’t careless with sensitive company information and that they actually work and not browse Facebook.
- You can also use it to spy on your spouse. Should you suspect that they may be cheating on you, an android keylogger will come in handy.
Is It Possible to Install Android Keylogger Remotely?
Although android keyloggers let you remotely monitor the activities of a particular phone, however, trying to install the android keylogger remotely can be a bit of a hassle. Here’s why.
- On modern smartphones, the user’s permission is usually required before any application can be installed. So, there really is no way to install a keylogger without the involvement of the user.
- And there is also the issue of law. In most places, spying on anyone’s phone without their consent constitutes a criminal offense. So, as it stands, remotely installing a keylogger on an android phone isn’t possible without the target user knowing about it.
Top 10 Android Keyloggers
This is one of the best keyloggers on the android platform. mSpy records all the keys being pressed and also monitors other activities on the target devices. You get to see the social media activity and GPS location of the target device.
- The full suite of features is available without rooting the device.
- Requires keylogging feature to be turned on after installing the app.
- Go to the android phone settings and allow installation from unknown sources.
- Go to the MSpy website through a web browser and download the MSpy app.
- After the download, install the app. Open the app and activate the prevent uninstall, keylogger tracking, allow data collecting options. Also, select whether to make the icon visible or not.
- Delete apk file and clear browsing history.
- That’s all. You can now monitor the target device either through a computer’s web browser.
KidLogger is an open-source keylogger app. It helps parents keep tabs on their kids most-used apps, browsing history and many more.
- Does a good job handling the basics.
- Easy to install.
- Being open-source, support isn’t great.
- Sign up on the KidLogger website and then go to your email to verify your registration.
- Login to your account, you will be given an ID number.
- Install the app on the target device and restart the phone.
- Make a call to *123456# in order to open the KidLogger app.
- Within the app, enter device ID and click the “upload test file” button.
- You are set, you can now go to your account and start monitoring the target device.
Spyera goes beyond the regular keylogging and monitoring and lets you spy on the target’s environment using the target device’s camera.
- Easy to use.
- Various subscription plans are available.
- No Geo-fencing.
- When you pay for a SpyEra subscription, an activation key and a download link are sent to you via email.
- On the android device, go to settings and enable installation from unknown sources and disable the “verify apps” option.
- Enter the download link in any web browser on the device. Enter the activation key and click “Download”.
- Install the app, enter the activation key and click on “activate product”.
- Select “Hide application” and you are set.
Copy9 does a good job of staying undetected in the target’s smartphone. Copy9 gives you access to the GPS location, call history, text messages and many more.
- Does not require the android device to be rooted.
- Not as fully featured as some of the other options on this list.
- Before downloading, make sure that the option to install from “unknown sources” is available. Go to the copy9 website, download and install the copy9 app.
- Sign up for a copy9 account and register the target device to your account.
- Restart the smartphone and select the option to hide the copy9 app.
iKeyMonitor lets you view the calls history, browsing history, keystrokes and media files of the target device. You can also listen in on the surrounding environment of the target device.
- Stealthily takes screenshots from the target device and sends them to you.
- Allows parents to set screen time for their kids.
- iKeyMonitor does not let you remotely control the target device.
- Before installing, turn off notifications from the Google Play Store app.
- Go to your security settings and allow app install from “unknown sources”.
- Download and install the iKeyMonitor app.
- You can then go on to configure the iKeyMonitor app to meet your requirements.
With Spyic, not only can you see the key logs from the target device, but you can also prevent access to certain apps.
- Modern and intuitive user interface.
- The app doesn’t require the target device to be rooted.
- It is quite expensive.
- Sign up for your Spyic account, and enter the details of the user whose phone you want to monitor.
- On the target device, enable “app installation from unknown sources” and disable “scan device for security threats”.
- Open a web browser and enter “tracksp.vip”, it will take you to a website from which you can download the Spyic app.
- Install the app, open it and sign in. Follow the guides in setting up the Spyic app, and after you are done, click on the “Start Monitoring”.
Tips: this site seems to be forbidden recently, if you find there is an error when opening it, please try to use other apps.
Hoverwatch is another excellent android keylogger app. The app also records incoming and outgoing calls, notifies you of sim change and many more.
- You can remotely activate the cameras on the target device and take photos of the surrounding.
- You can also remotely adjust your tracking settings.
- You can’t normally install the app on the target device.
- On the android devices, disable “scan devices for security threats.” and improve harmful app detections.
- Go to the HoverWatch website, download and install the HoverWatch app.
- Proceed to log in with your HoverWatch account details and configuring the app as you seem fit.
- Restart the phone and you are good to go. You can now monitor the target device through your computer.
8. SHADOWKID’S KEYLOGGER
This app essentially provides a new keyboard that logs every keystroke. You can remotely monitor the target device and restrict access to certain websites.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Doesn’t work for all apps.
- The keyboard of the target device changes when this keylogger is active.
- Install the app directly from the play store.
- Open the app and click on the “activate shadow button”.
- Then go to language and input settings and select “Simple IME” as your keyboard of choice.
- Then go to any other app where you will need to type. Click on any textbox and then in the notifications, click on “choose input method” and then select “Simple IME” to record all data.
FlexiSpy is one of the industry-leading spy software developers. Their software solutions work on virtually all platforms. The FlexiSpy app has an exhaustive feature list including being able to capture usernames and passwords from the target device and also remotely lock the device. Sweet!
- Good technical support.
- A lot of advanced features.
- Root access is required to access all the features.
- After purchasing the FlexiSpy mobile spy app, log in to your FlexiSpy account and follow the setup wizard.
- Install the FlexiSpy app on the target device and then use the quick start guide to get things up and running.
The XnSpy app helps you track all the web history, social media activities, and it also serves as a keylogger.
- Using the XnSpy app, you can easily find out where the target device is.
- Records phone calls.
- Lacks advanced features.
- When you register on the XnSpy website, you get a download URL and an activation code.
- Using the target device, enter the download URL and download the XnSpy app.
- Set the android device to enable “installation from unknown sources”.
- Install the app and enter your activation code and then proceed to configure the app as you require.
So, these are the 10 best android keylogger apps. They all have unique features and they all work excellently well as keyloggers. Whatever you pick, it will get the job done.