Losing a phone can be akin to losing something precious and valuable to you. In the past losing a phone wouldn’t amount to much after all you could get a new one, and you are good to go, but with the number of details, data, and information these new devices hold, losing them is unthinkable. But then again, no matter how much we try to hold on to our phones, we still tend to lose them unknowingly and or unknowingly. So what do you do in those situations when you can’t find your phone? This is where find my phone location feature comes into play.
When Will I Need to Find My Phone Location?
There are lots of instances when you will need to make use of the find my mobile phone location. Phones are like keys, sometimes you don’t just know where you’ve kept them, and other times you can’t even tell where they are. The truth is that you can lose your phone from an unconscious error, theft, or just a plain mistake. Losing your phone is like losing a huge part of you. So let’s itemize the instances:
- When your phone has been stolen
- In the event, your phone is lost
- Tracking the location of your kids
- Tracking the whereabouts of an employee
- Find your missing device
- Find your misplaced device
How to Find My Phone Location
The Way to Find My iPhone Location
If your iPhone is missing or stolen, you can use the find my iPhone feature to find your device as long as there is an Internet connection on the phone. Find my iPhone feature does more than just finding your phone location; it can be used to remotely wipe your private information and data on your device. The first step to making use of the feature is to turn on your device.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on your Apple ID at the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Locate Find My iPhone.
- Enable it.
After setting it up, then you can use the feature to find your device anytime using the following steps.
- Open iCloud.com in any web browser.
- Log into your iCloud account.
- Click on Find My iPhone in the main menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and sign in if prompted.
- Click on All Devices at the top.
- Click the device name for the device you’d like to track.
- Zoom in and out on the map to track it more closely, or you can play a sound to hear it ring out.
The Way to Find My Android Location
When you sign in into your android device using a Google account, the find my device feature is turned on immediately. But you can also check to see if it is already on by:
- Clicking the settings app.
- Clicking the Security icon.
- Locating Find My Device.
- Turn it on.
To use the feature:
- Open android.com/find in a browser.
- Log in using the details of the google account linked to your android device.
- Your phone will receive a notification that it is being tracked.
- You can play a sound from the find my device site to locate your phone. You can also lock it, or even erase your info complete (Note: you can’t track your phone when you make use of this feature).
The Way to Find My Family Location
Having the ability to track your family, and know where they are is a handy tool for a variety of reasons. Not only does it tell you where they are, but it also keeps your mind at ease knowing their location. The following apps provide an excellent way for you to find your family’s location in real-time.
This app gives you the info of your family whereabouts in real-time. You can easily use the app to find details of your family members specific GPS location.
The app is easy to use. You just need to download and install it. Then, open the app and click on New Glympse. Immediately the app sends a text or an email to the other phone. With this, you will receive the information about the person’s whereabouts in real-time.
- It works on both Android and iOS devices
- Easy to use and doesn’t require any signup
- Can work in any location as long as there is an Internet connection
- Share location in real-time
Life360 is a great tool to know about your family members whereabouts. It works on both Android and iOS devices. In fact, with the app, both can check if their online status. It comes with a check-in feature that people can use to notify others about their whereabouts. The great thing about Life360 is that it notifies you when someone has arrived or left their designated place.
- Real-time location sharing
- Receive real-time alerts
- Works on iOS and Android
- An extensive array of features
- Premium features offer even more comprehensive service
3. Sygic Family Locator
If you are on the lookout for a convenient app that allows you to keep tabs on your family members most especially kids then Sygic Family Locator. It works using the GPS of your desired device. It provides you with consistent alerts on locations. You will also be notified if certain boundaries are exceeded.
- Gives complete history on places visited during the day
- Select safe and unsafe zones
- Track multiple people at once
- Works on android and iOS devices
- An extensive array of features
Tips to Keep Your Phone Safe
- Use a strong lock screen security
- Lock and secure your app
- Make sure you log out of all applications and sites
- Have a password manager to save and keep your password
- Use an anti-spyware and anti-virus app
- Don’t root or jailbreak your phone
- Don’t make use of an unofficial app
- Try as much as you can to limit your use of public networks
- Ensure you can remotely find and track your phone